Walsall FIS offers up-to-date information,
advice and help on services for families in Walsall.

Schools and children with Statements

If your child has a Statement of Special Educational Needs, then you still complete a Preference Form. However the allocation of places takes into account the needs of your child. Your child may not be allocated a place if the Local Authority is not satisfied that:

  • The school can meet these needs;
  • The placement would not affect the efficient education of the other children in the school;
  • The placement is an efficient use of public resources.

There is a different timescale for children with Statements, meaning that a place will be allocated by 15 February 2014.

Walsall's Parent Partnership Service (WPPS) can offer help and support when making applications. Please visit the WPPS website for more details.