Most of us are ‘connected’ to the internet via our laptops, Smart Phones , tablets or personalcomputer. The internet can be a valuable source for all users allowing you to keep connected to friends, onlinestudying, play games and ‘surf’ the internet.There are various things we can do to ensure we keep ourselves and children safe online.
Some Golden Rules
• Don't give out personal information such as your address or phone number.
• Don’t send pictures of yourself to anyone, especially indecent pictures.
• Don't open emails or attachments from people you don't know.
• Don't become online ‘friends’ with people you don't know.
• Never arrange to meet someone in person who you've met online.
• If anything you see or read online worries you, tell someone about it.
for more information on Online Safety see the below resources and contacts
- Walsall Early Help Hub: 0300 555 2866 opt 1 (advice and support service)
- https://www.childline.org.uk/info-advice/bullying-abuse-safety/online-mobile-safety/ (Weblink) alternatively call - 0800 1111
- https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/online-safety/ (Weblink) alternatively call - 0808 8005000
- Walsall Street Teams: 01922 621208