Walsall FIS offers up-to-date information,
advice and help on services for families in Walsall.
Audience: Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs)
Aims and objectives:
The training will support practitioners to:
• Understand the role of the Walsall Safeguarding Children’s Board and safeguarding procedures and any related developments.
• Be aware of key components of the DSL role; training, managing referrals, raising awareness and multi-agency working.
• Share the ways they maintain high standards of safeguarding within their organisation and, where appropriate, with others.
• Understand the role of the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) and share strategies to reduce to risk of allegations against professionals.
• Appreciate the importance of record keeping.
• Highlight any other significant national or local developments through sharing with and learning from colleagues.
• Consider good practices around ‘professional curiosity’.
Booking code: SM20-025
Date: Monday 27 April 2020
Time: 09:30 – 16:00
Venue: EDC, Pelsall Lane, Rushall, Walsall, WS4 1NG